The club is pleased to be able to restart socially distanced group club rides starting from the weekend of 10/11th April 2021. Of course, we are adapting the rides to meet current guidelines which are subject to change. Where changes are required we will endeavour to provide as much notice as possible. The club is entirely run by volunteers and the Ride Leaders generously volunteer their time regularly to make club rides happen so please respect all information provided and requests made by the club and Ride Leaders. **We are also making an urgent request for more people to step up as ride leaders and there are plenty of people to support you with what is required if you are able to help. Also don’t be put off by only being to volunteer to lead a ride occasionally – every little helps**
Official club rides are subject to the following and these rules are in place from 10th April 2021:
- All rides must adhere to social distancing as relevant to the ride route (our insurers are advising this should be 2 metres). Masks/coverings are not required if social distancing is maintained.
- Balancing the guidance of our governing body British Cycling, our insurers Cycling UK and feedback from Ride Leaders and the Executive Committee, club rides will not exceed 6 at time of writing. This will be reviewed on an ongoing basis however any increases will impact refreshment stops which are subject to the ‘rule of 6’ restrictions. For our more popular rides we will endeavour to put on a number of groups of 6, subject to availability of Ride Leaders.
- Riders must not attend the ride if they have any of the known symptoms (a new continuous cough, high temperature, loss or change in normal sense of taste/smell). They must also not participate if they live with someone with symptoms or have been contacted by the NHS or through track and trace and notified to self-isolate.
- Rides will now be posted via the online event platform Eventbrite and the link will be shared on the members-only Facebook group to help manage numbers and to capture information for track and trace. All riders must pre-book on to a ride in advance via Eventbrite. Riders are not permitted to just turn up. Once maximum numbers are reached no other riders are permitted on that ride. Riders must cancel their place via Eventbrite if they can not attend a ride that they have pre-booked so to free spaces for other members to attend instead. Whilst we understand unforeseeable circumstances do happen, given the smaller group sizes we hope all club members will respect this and not take up places if they are not able to ride.
- At time of writing travel into Wales is not permitted unless for essential reasons so club rides will not currently venture into Wales. This is likely to be in place until at least 12th April so this will be reviewed after then.
- All riders should uphold the highest standards of hygiene including coughing/sneezing into tissue or crook of elbow, and we recommend each rider carries their own anti-bacterial gel/wipes and cleans their hands after the ride.
- Sharing of tools, bottles, food etc is discouraged so riders must be self-sufficient and carry a pump, spare inner tube, tyre levers and a multi-tool as a bare minimum.
- Café stops are usually a feature of our rides and any café stops are subject to the ‘rule of 6’.
- If a rider develops symptoms within two days after a ride then he/she must firstly follow the current NHS Test and Trace guidelines and inform the club immediately.
We look forward to welcoming riders as our club activities resume. For any questions on rides please speak to the relevant Ride Leader or a member of the Committee.
Lets get kids riding
Helping young people enjoy the freedom of cycling and develop lifelong skills