Welcome to the club
We are an inclusive club with a broad mix of members of all ages, experience and abilities. The biggest benefit our members get is being part of a diverse and welcoming cycling community. Whatever your cycling ambitions, whether that’s social riding, audax, sportives or competitive racing, there is something for everyone here between the regular club runs, chain gangs and time trials. We even have a growing off-road section for those into mountain biking or cyclocross. Our children’s Go Ride is also a great way for younger riders to learn skills and gain strength so everyone really is welcome at Chester Road Club!
We welcome all potential members to come along and try a few club rides first to see if they like it, but after those initial rides we really would encourage you to join to get the full benefit of being a club member.
The membership year runs from January to December although you can join at any time. Because our membership applications are administered through the British Cycling membership portal, we are unfortunately unable to pro-rata the cost if you join part—way through a year, but we are sure you’ll consider it good value no matter when you join. Also please note that our club membership is completely separate to British Cycling membership so check carefully before you process the application to ensure you are signing up to the correct membership.
If you have any specific membership-related questions please contact our Membership Secretary on firstname.lastname@example.org
Everbody is welcome
- Youths/Juniors (under 16s)
- Intermediate riders (1-3 hrs)
- Adults (over 16)
- Advanced riders (rides 3hr+)
- Female Cyclists
- Racing cyclists
- Male Cyclists
- Disability cyclists
- Novice riders (rides up to 1hr)
Why become a member?
- Participation in regular guided club rides
- Access to the club’s Strava group
- The ability to cycle competitively in British Cycling races and Cycling Time Trial (both club and open) events
- Access to purchase discounted club kit through supplier Endura with different ranges to suit all budgets
- Attending the club’s social events
- Discounts from sponsor
- Discounts on the children’s Go-Ride sessions
- Access to subsidised training sessions (subject to demand and availability of coaches)